Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Will-ful Destruction: consultation to close this Friday

Just a reminder that the consultation on proposals by the Ministry of Justice to destroy the paper originals of English and Welsh wills after 25 years, and to rely thereafter on digital copies, is due to close this Friday, 23rd February.  The consultation is available here and I have put down some thoughts here.

If you do not have time to answer the consultation but would like to object to the plans, a petition has also been set up.  So far it has garnered well over 13,000 signatures.  I (and I think the entire archival profession, and all our descendants!) would be grateful for every voice raised in protest!

2 comments :

  1. Only British citizens can sign the petition, but I hope it achieves its objective. Great blog title, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes! I almost put 'Losing the Will to Live' but I'll keep it in reserve, just in case...

      Delete

Please add your thoughts! All civil comments are warmly welcomed.